Parliamentary Procedure Websites
- American Institute of Parliamentarians (AIP) - The mission of the American Institute of Parliamentarians is to foster, promote and teach the highest standards of parliamentary procedure, in keeping with the principles of parliamentary law and the adopted parliamentary authority.
- California State PTA Hot Tips-Bylaws - Features guidelines from the California bylaws committee. California State PTA publications are also listed.
- Democratic Rules of Order - Description, comparison, and comments about the 7th edition of this 72-page book of parliamentary procedure, written by Fred and Peg Francis.
- General Parliamentary Procedure - The use of parliamentary procedure in the U.S. House of Representatives: Principles of adding amendments, a germaneness test, committee rules, points of order, and a pocket guide on floor procedures.
- Golden Bears Chapter (AIP) - This non-profit voluntary chapter of the American Institute of Parliamentarians in California is dedicated to an improved knowledge of parliamentary procedure.
- A Manual of Parliamentary Practice - A complete reprint of the 1812 manual by Thomas Jefferson that was used by the United States Senate. Includes the rules of motions and how they are used.
- McClintock's Parliamentary Resources - Sample agenda, bylaws, motions, chair's script, minutes, audit report; a general resource page on parliamentary procedure.
- National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) - The National Association of Parliamentarians is dedicated to teaching, promoting, and disseminating the philosophy and principles underlying the rules of deliberative assemblies.
- National Parliamentarian Online - Selected educational articles from the National Parliamentarian, the official quarterly publication of the National Association of Parliamentarians, including the current issue and earlier archived articles.
- The Official Robert's Rules of Order Web Site - This site includes a short history of Robert's Rules, how an organization can adopt it, the basics of parliamentary procedure, a question and answer forum, and an "Ask the Authors" feature.
- Open Meeting Laws, A Legal Treatise by Ann Taylor Schwing - Analysis of laws and cases of all fifty states, addressing constitutional principles, public policy and statutory construction, entities subject to these laws, procedural and other requirements, litigation, violations, and remedies.
- Parliament Glossary - A glossary of parliamentary terms and phrases from Australia.
- Parliamentary Procedure - Advice from Dr. John A. Cagle, California State University, Fresno.
- Parliamentary Procedure According to Robert's Rules - Summaries for the online study of parliamentary procedure and Robert's Rules of Order, including Frequently Asked Questions, charts on motion precedence, and tips for meetings.
- Parliamentary Procedure at a Glance - Includes a chart of motions with their rules, how to run an effective meeting, and keeping minutes.
- Parliamentary Procedure E-Bulletin - Announcements related to current parliamentary procedure information, sites worth visiting, questions and answers, and tips on training FFA, FBLA, SkillsUSA-VICA, BPA, TSA, FCCLA, and HOSA teams for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Glossary, Third Edition - A detailed glossary of parliamentary procedure terms and phrases used by the Canada House of Commons. Listed in both English or French.
- Parliamentary Procedure Home Page - This site is hosted by Professional Registered Parliamentarian, Stran L. Trout. It includes parliamentary procedure links, a list of printings of Robert's Rules of Order, Trout's Top Ten Rules of Order, and details on how to fly the American Flag.
- The Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials Center - Catalog of parliamentary procedure references and quality teaching resources, workshops, glossary, links, frequently asked questions, how to write minutes, mnemonics, and consulting and materials.
- Parliamentary Procedure Instructional Materials From the University of Illinois - Parliamentary procedure resources from the ITCS Instructional Materials at the University of Illinois. Tested in the classroom for teaching a complete unit, enrichment, independent study, and training a team for competition.
- Parliamentary Procedure Q & A from NOW - Questions are answered by The National Organization For Women on motions related to a point of information, personal privilege, point of order, a parliamentary inquiry, and debate decorum.
- Parliamentary Procedures at California State University, Chico - General purposes, principles, and parliamentary terms, with examples of how to transact business at meetings and in committees, with chart of descriptive characteristics of motions.
- Parliamentary Procedure-Tulane University ASB - The Associated Student Body (ASB) at Tulane University provides information on: Parliamentary situations and concepts; classes, descriptions, and purposes of motions; and the order or precedence of motions.
- Robert McConnell Productions - Offers videos, books, and procedure advice from a registered parliamentarian at the Dear Parliamentarian column.
- Robert's Rules of Order Revised - The 1915 (Fourth) Edition with slight modifications and enhancements, by the Constitution Society.
- Robert's Rules of Order Online - Parliamentary Procedure - Full text of the 1915 (Fourth) Edition of Robert's Rules of Order, with index and keyword search, lesson outlines and Plan for Study of Parliamentary Law.
- Rules Used By the United States Congress - The parliamentary procedure rules used by the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate are listed.
- SkillsUSA-VICA Parliamentary Procedure Educational Materials - Descriptions of parliamentary procedure educational materials available for secondary and college students for teaching a unit and for preparing for the Chapter Business Procedure Competitive Event.
- Survival Tips on Roberts Rules of Order - Roberts Rules of Order are indispensable to surviving as an officer or a member in an organization. I simplify the needed survival tools to defend your ideas.
*** Newly Revised 11th Edition
Published September 2011 ***
Order Your Copy Today!
Each order from this website includes a FREE leaflet of "Basic Parliamentary Information" - This handy reference card includes charts summarizing the basic characteristics of motions, the procedure and wording used in handling a main motion, a sample agenda/order of business, and information on voting and amendments. Keep this reference card handy in your pocket or purse!